Recipe by sams1
I pull this recipe whenever I feel the need to impress. It is a wonderful dessert (and I don't "do" desserts as a rule). Beware of sharing the amaretto with the pears during cooking - result WILL vary - hic. Enjoy!
Top Review by L DJ
My sister gave me some Mascarpone and I had to do something with it. That is something special. Your recipe sounded good. WELL I'll say it was DELICIOUS, pears aren't in season, but they do sell them at the store. And the recipe gave me an excuse to buy Amaretto. Out of season as I usually only buy it around Christmas. I will be making this again. It got great raves from the family including my sister and her husband. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 ripe bosc pears, halved and core removed with spoon
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 150 ml amaretto liqueur, plus a little more
- 200 g mascarpone
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 60 g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 100 g whole almonds, coarsley ground in processor
- 8 amaretti cookie crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- To make almond cream - Beat butter and sugar together until combined, add flour and egg until combined. Beat in almonds, stir in 3/4 of crushed biscuits.
- Pack 1 tablespoon of almond cream into the cored out section of each pear half.
- Split the vanilla pod in half, scrape out seeds and mix with sugar. Chop vanilla pod into large pieces.
- Place pears into baking dish, sprinkle over vanilla sugar, remaining biscuits, vanilla pod pieces and drizzle with amaretto.
- Bake in over at 200C gor 10 minutes or until pears are cooked.
- Mix together mascapone and icing sugar.
- Remove pears from oven and transfere to serving plates.
- Drizzle a little extra amaretto into baking dish and stir pan juices.
- Serve pan with sweetened mascopone and the amaretto pan juices - enjoy.