Recipe by grandma2969
You will need 4 3" cans (chicken, tuna) well washed and dried for these recipes..choice of crumbs is up to you..graham, van..choc etc
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup almond cookie, crumbs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup melted white chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup amaretto liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly spread bottom and sides of can with margarine.evenly coat bottom and sides of can with crumbs, then press into place.
- beat cream cheese til smooth -- add sour cream and egg, mixing thoroughly, quickly blend in melted chocolate and remaining ingredients.
- The batter may begin to stiffen as the chocolate cools --
- Pour equal amounts into pans and bake at 325* for 25-30 minutes.
- Gently tap pans with flat of fingernail.
- cakes are ready when edges are semi-set and center still jiggles.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- remove cakes from oven and let set 1 hour.
- until they reach room temperature.
- Run a smooth knife around sides of can, invert them onto saucers.then invert them onto serving plates.crumb side down.
- cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Add desired topping before serving.
- Refrigerate pans while preparing batter.