1/1 Photo of Amaretto Apricot Cookies
This makes a very healthy tasting, chewy cookie....it isn't a crisp cookie. I had it on a Christmas Cookie Exchange this year, and really enjoyed it! Originally authored by Brenda Bragg from Ohio. Cook time is actually 8 minutes per cookie sheet, I just increased the cooking time to accomodate multiple cookie sheetfuls!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups regular oats, uncooked
- 1 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, blanched and finely chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 -4 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add the brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar, beating well. Add the egg and 1 tbsp of the amaretto, beating well.
- 2Combine flour and baking soda; add to the butter mixture, beating well. Stir in the oats, apricots, and almonds.
- 3Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 for 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets before removing to wire racks. Let cool completely.
- 4Combine the powdered sugar and 3 to 4 tbsp amaretto, stirring until smooth. Drizzle the amaretto glaze over the cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amaretto Apricot Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 906.0
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.2 mg
- Sodium 465.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 135.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 81.1 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: