1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Elegant fruit pastry that combines apples, amaretto liqueur, heavy cream and almonds. The crust is a bit sweeter than a normal pastry. This is adapted from a treasured Soup and Stew cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large tart cooking apples (1.5-2 lbs)
- 2 eggs
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml amaretto liqueur
- 158.51 ml heavy whipping cream
- 0.25 ml salt
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds
- 78.07 ml apricot preserves
Press in Pastry Dough
- 1Prepare pastry: in medium bowl, mix flour and sugar.
- 2Cut in chilled butter until crumbly.
- 3Beat egg yolk and mix with vanilla.
- 4With fork, stir egg mxture lightly into flour mixture.
- 5Press dough together into a smooth ball, then flatten.
- 6Press pastry into bottom and up the sides of an 11 inch removable bottom tart pan.
- 7Peel apples and cut in halves lengthwise; remove cores.
- 8Cut each half in thin lengthwise slices, keeping slices together in apple shape.
- 9Arrange apples in prepared pastry shell, round sides up.
- 10After placing apple rounds in pastry shell, fan out slightly to cover most of pastry.
- 11In a medium bowl, beat eggs with amaretto, sugar and salt until well mixed.
- 12Blend in cream and pour evenly over apples.
- 13Sprinkle with almonds.
- 14Bake in preheated 450* oven for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 350* and bake until filling is set and apples are tender- 50 minutes to an hour.
- 15Remove and place on wire rack to cool.
- 16Stir preserves in small saucepan on low heat until melted and bubbly.
- 17Strain to remove any solid pieces of fruit and brush glaze over pastry tart.
- 18Remove pan sides and serve tart at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amaretto Apple Tart
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.5
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 178.8 mg
- Sodium 178.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 44.8 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: