- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chilled butter or 1⁄4 cup chilled stick margarine, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 7 cups sliced peeled granny smith apples (3lbs)
- 1⁄3 cup Amaretto or 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and both sugars in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Add almonds, toss well.
- Combine apple, nutmeg, cinnamon and Amaretto in a bowl; toss well.
- Spoon apple mixture in an 8" square baking dish or 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375ºF for 45 minutes or until golden brown.