- 12 ounces fresh raspberries, divided (or 12-ounces frozen raspberries, thawed)
- 1 quart vanilla gelato, lightly softened, divided (or ice cream)
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur, divided (Amaretto)
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, divided
- 4 amaretti cookies, divided (Italian macaroon cookies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place half the raspberries in a blender with half the ice cream, 1 tablespoon almond liqueur, and 1 teaspoon orange zest. Pulse the blender until the mixture is combined. Add about half a tray of ice and blend until smooth.
- Divide the smoothie between 2 highball glasses and continue making the other 2 smoothies with the remaining ingredients. Crumble the macaroon cookies over the top of the smoothies. Serve with long spoons and a straw.