Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe from Giada De Laurentiis
Make and share this Amaretto and Raspberry Smoothie recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries, divided (or 12-ounces frozen raspberries, thawed)
- 1 quart vanilla gelato, lightly softened, divided (or ice cream)
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur, divided (Amaretto)
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, divided
- 4 amaretti cookies, divided (Italian macaroon cookies)
- Place half the raspberries in a blender with half the ice cream, 1 tablespoon almond liqueur, and 1 teaspoon orange zest. Pulse the blender until the mixture is combined. Add about half a tray of ice and blend until smooth.
- Divide the smoothie between 2 highball glasses and continue making the other 2 smoothies with the remaining ingredients. Crumble the macaroon cookies over the top of the smoothies. Serve with long spoons and a straw.
Delicious! I used no-sugar-added ice cream and did not top with the crumbled cookies. What a delightful treat - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Top Favorites of 2009 event
This should be illegal!! i doubled the amaretto..i know im a glutton..and was in heaven
Delicious!!! The blend of flavors was fabulous! I used fresh raspberries and garnished with a fresh mint leaf, more orange zest and a raspberry. Thanks for sharing!