heather in Ont,'s Note:
This is a wonderful dessert to serve after a special dinner. The Amaretto and pears are a lovely combination. DH loved this so much he had 2 servings. I didn't have 6 custard cups so I used a small glass cake pan. I found this recipe in our local newspaper but it did not list the chef who created it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large ripe bartlett pears, peeled and cored
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 Amaretto or 1/4 other almond flavored liqueur
- lightly sweetened whipped cream
- toasted sliced almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Butter six 1 1/4 cup ramekins, custard cups or giant muffin tins.
- 2Melt 4 tbsp butter in a small saucepan Add brown sugar and honey Cook over low heat for about 2 minutes until mixture no longer separates Divide mixture evenly between prepared dishes.
- 3Cut each pear into 12 wedges and place 4 wedges in the bottom of each dish: set aside In medium bowl, beat remaining 6 tbsp butter until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in eggs and vanilla In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- 5Combine milk and amaretto in a bowl.
- 6Add half the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture, then half the liquid, beating well after each addition.
- 7Repeat until all ingredients are combined.
- 8Pour batter into the 6 prepared dishes, smoothing the top.
- 9Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until cooked through.
- 10Remove from oven and place on rack for 10 minutes.
- 11Carefully flip each dish over onto serving plates to remove from dish Serve immediately with lightly sweetened cream and toasted almond slices.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amaretto and Bartlett Pears Upside- Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.3
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 124.2 mg
- Sodium 269.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 47.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: