Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful dessert to serve after a special dinner. The Amaretto and pears are a lovely combination. DH loved this so much he had 2 servings. I didn't have 6 custard cups so I used a small glass cake pan. I found this recipe in our local newspaper but it did not list the chef who created it.
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large ripe bartlett pears, peeled and cored
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 Amaretto or 1⁄4 other almond flavored liqueur
- lightly sweetened whipped cream
- toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Butter six 1 1/4 cup ramekins, custard cups or giant muffin tins.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter in a small saucepan Add brown sugar and honey Cook over low heat for about 2 minutes until mixture no longer separates Divide mixture evenly between prepared dishes.
- Cut each pear into 12 wedges and place 4 wedges in the bottom of each dish: set aside In medium bowl, beat remaining 6 tbsp butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Combine milk and amaretto in a bowl.
- Add half the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture, then half the liquid, beating well after each addition.
- Repeat until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour batter into the 6 prepared dishes, smoothing the top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and place on rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully flip each dish over onto serving plates to remove from dish Serve immediately with lightly sweetened cream and toasted almond slices.
This was delicious. I made it in the 6 ramekins and followed the recipe "as is" except I didn't peel the pears - I don't mind pear peel. I served this for the family and a guest and we all loved it. The Amaretto flavor with the pears and carmel sauce is wonderful. Great recipe for Fall when pears are in season.