Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Cooking Light's 1990 Annual Cookbook. Can be spooned over angel food cake, ice cream, baked apples or ice milk.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan; stir in water. Place over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 2 minutes of until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in amaretto and lemon juice; heat just until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in almonds and extract. Serve warm or chilled.
This is delicious! I serve it over apples slow cooked in sugar syrup. I also serve this over cold rice without the almonds.