Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this out, but I found it on a copycat recipe site and it is supposed to be comparable to Di Saronno brand liqueur.
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 473.18 ml 80-proof vodka
- 29.58 ml almond extract
- 9.85 ml pure vanilla extract
- Combine the water and the sugars in a saucepan.
- Heat until boiling over medium heat and until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and let mixture cool for about 15 minutes.
- Add the vodka, almond extract and vanilla extract.
- Store in a sealed bottle.
I found the same recipe elsewhere and made it for holiday presents. It's delicious. I saved mine in my DiSaronna bottle.
Made this many times. Nice, simple yet awesome recipe. I usually let the sugars and water cook down a bit to thicken, but other than that make as written.
If you like Amaretto you will like this. I was browsing and had everything in including a bottle of vodka I got as a gift years ago. Really glad I made it - the vodka is finally going to get drunk! Bit too sweet for hubbys taste but I'm sure he would have said the same about a bought bottle - that's his loss anyway! Thanks for posting - it was so easy - and almost instant.