Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend gave me this recipe. It is supposed to be better than what you can buy in a store, and much cheaper too.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water, very hot
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups vodka, 80-proof
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the hot water with the sugars in a glass bowl.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add corn syrup and stir well.
- Add vodka and flavorings and stir.
- Store in a sealed container (I use empty liquor bottles).