Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cappuccino Espresso the Book of Beverages by Christie and Thomas Katona.
- 28.34 g amaretto syrup
- 28.34 g almond syrup
- 85.04 g espresso, 2 shots
- steamed milk
- whipped cream
- almonds, finely chopped, toasted, for garnish (optional)
- In a 12-ounce cup, combine syrups and espresso.
- Fill cup with steamed milk and top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with chopped almonds if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Delicious beverage. I used 1 ounce of amaretto liquor instead of the syrup. I did how ever use the almond syrup and it was just a delightful after dinner treat. Made for the Winter 2010 Comfort Cafe.
Utterly exquisite. This is a rich and indulgent cup of coffee. I'll admit to not using espresso but strong brewed chocolate flavored coffee with the almond flavor syrup (1 ounce of). I guess I haven't gotten the knack of steaming milk without getting froth. I ended up putting a twist of whipped topping into the milk froth where it promptly sank, lol. Still tasted GREAT! Made for Photo Tag.