Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I can't believe I haven't posted this! It's a big hit in my family, I get requests for it every year around Christmas. The key to this is to get your syrup thick before adding the vodka--this is what makes it indistinguishable from Di Saronno, at a much reduced cost.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups vodka
- 2 tablespoons almond extract (NOT imitation)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine water and sugars in a very large saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until the mixture is boiling and all sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer for approximately 2 hours until mixture is thickened and syrupy and lightly coats a spoon.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add vodka and extracts and stir well.
- Pour into a bottle and seal.
made this for my sister for christmas, and EVERYONE in my family LOVES it!!! they say, and i quote, BETTER than di saronno!
I was skeptical that this would taste as good as the real deal- I was very pleasantly surprised! I did not simmer it on low- I turned the flame up and reduced it in much less time than the time stated and it was absolutely delicious! A keeper.
Don't be fooled...as lethal as Bruce Lee. I give this great revooze. Made for P-A-R-T-Y Holiday Tag.