There is no flour in these cookies which makes them perfect for people with gluten allergies
Make and share this Amaretti Cookies (No Flour and Low-Fat) recipe from Food.com.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper, then generously grease the paper.
- Process the almonds in 2 batches in a food processor until finely ground.
- In a bowl combine the almonds with powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract until blended, then stir in the egg whites; mix to combine (the batter will be sticky!).
- Drop from a teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for abouit 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
I favor subtle cookies like this. This hit the spot for Cherries and Blueberries With Frangelico Mascarpone #317907, and DH and I loved munching on them. These were so easy! Thanks for posting, Kittencal! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
Really nice. I used Splenda instead of sugar snd opted for more vanilla over the almond extract. I spread my teaspoons of the mixture a bit thin, and got just under double the amount stated. I cooked them for 10 minutes and they came out beautiful. The consistency was on the verge of chewy and crisp, and satisfied my cookie craving minus any calorie-dense flour. Thank you for sharing :)