Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
There is no flour in these cookies which makes them perfect for people with gluten allergies
Make and share this Amaretti Cookies (No Flour and Low-Fat) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb slivered almonds
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract or 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large egg whites (from large or extra large eggs)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper, then generously grease the paper.
- Process the almonds in 2 batches in a food processor until finely ground.
- In a bowl combine the almonds with powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract until blended, then stir in the egg whites; mix to combine (the batter will be sticky!).
- Drop from a teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for abouit 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
I favor subtle cookies like this. This hit the spot for Cherries and Blueberries With Frangelico Mascarpone #317907, and DH and I loved munching on them. These were so easy! Thanks for posting, Kittencal! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
Really nice. I used Splenda instead of sugar snd opted for more vanilla over the almond extract. I spread my teaspoons of the mixture a bit thin, and got just under double the amount stated. I cooked them for 10 minutes and they came out beautiful. The consistency was on the verge of chewy and crisp, and satisfied my cookie craving minus any calorie-dense flour. Thank you for sharing :)