Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are great on Butternut Squash Ravioli!
- 8 ounces almond paste (canned)
- 1 cup sugar (superfine)
- 2 large egg whites
- extra sugar, for dusting cookie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Break the almond paste into small pieces and place in bowl of electric mixer along with the sugar.
- Mix on low speed until very fine.
- Add the egg whites in three additions, mix well after each addition.
- Continue mixing the dough until very smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place a tablespoon of dough on the cookie sheet (space them 1 inch apart).
- Lightly press the top of each cookie to smooth out the surface.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cookies have risen, are a deep golden color and have tiny cracks.
- Remove from the oven.
- When cool gently peel cookies from parchment.
- Note: If they stick to the parchment, turn the paper over, take a damp paper towel and gently wipe the bottom of the parchment paper to loosen the cookie.
I love Amaretti cookies! My biggest complaint about most recipes is that they are missing that almond flavoring I crave. This recipe fills that bill to a tee! I wound up having to freeze them to keep me from eatting every last one of them. These little gems are mindboggling delicious! Next time I may add some pine nuts to garnish them. Yum! Made for Spring 2012 PAC.
I just made and these were so good. Thank you for posting. Made as directed.