Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Although I have not tried making these before I understand they are absolutely gorgeous! The recipe has been highly recommended and given to me by a friend who is studying Italian at university and who once lived it Italy for several years.
- Butter a baking tray and flour it.
- Put the almonds and a little sugar in a mortar and pound with the pestle to a powder.
- (or use a food processor) Beat the egg WHITES until stiff.
- Fold in the almond mixture, and THEN the almond extract or liqueur.
- Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag.
- Pipe the mixture onto the baking tray, making small rounds.
- Bake until well dried out (about 40 minutes) and allow to cool before sprinkling with icing sugar (confectioners' sugar).