Although I have not tried making these before I understand they are absolutely gorgeous! The recipe has been highly recommended and given to me by a friend who is studying Italian at university and who once lived it Italy for several years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter a baking tray and flour it.
- 2Put the almonds and a little sugar in a mortar and pound with the pestle to a powder.
- 3(or use a food processor) Beat the egg WHITES until stiff.
- 4Fold in the almond mixture, and THEN the almond extract or liqueur.
- 5Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag.
- 6Pipe the mixture onto the baking tray, making small rounds.
- 7Bake until well dried out (about 40 minutes) and allow to cool before sprinkling with icing sugar (confectioners' sugar).
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amaretti Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.7
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g