Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Allow 20 minutes for dough to chill. From Cooking Light November 2006
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) package almond paste (NOT marzipan)
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat sugar and almond paste in a large bowl until paste is broken into small pieces.
- Add amaretto and egg whites and beat until smooth (4 minutes).
- Chill batter for 20 minutes.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Cool completely on pans.