Recipe by Ozlem
This muffin recipe is from 'Bob's Red Mill' and I would recommend this to anyone who would like to try 'amaranth flour' in muffins. I used 'Coconut Oil", and also used currants instead of raisins. This muffin is delicious and healthy! Great for breakfast!
Top Review by LickYourLips
These muffins are really good. I also added a bit of carob powder and some ground flax seeds. I also used soy milk instead of regular milk. I'm on a very restricted diet so I made the substitutions. They taste great!
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (chopped)
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease muffin cups or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, blend the amaranth flour, pastry flour and the baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat together the egg, milk, oil and honey.
- Mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in the raisins and the almonds.
- Fill each muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.