Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From my beloved now defunct Veggie Life Mag.
- 1⁄2 cup amaranth, washed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces tofu, mashed
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon chickpea rice miso
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 scallions, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2⁄3 cup quick oats, may use more if needed
- 1 -2 tablespoon safflower oil
- Cream the chickpean rice miso in the 1 tbsp of water
- Bring water, amaranth, and salt to boil. Cover then simmer on Med high for 20 minutes or until all water has evaporated. Transfer cooked amaranth into mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except oil, amaranth and blend thoroughly. Mixture should hold patties together.
- Add oil to large heated skillet.
- Form amarnth into 8 medium-sized patties and brown on medium high for 8 to 10 minutes on each side.
Five stars as this recipe worked as written. Only change I made was to leave out the oil and use an oil spray on the skillet. I made this recipe because of the use of amaranth, but found that when completed we could not really tell it was in the patties. Served with a gravy on top. Thanks for posting this unique recipe.