A recipe from Bob's Red Mill as contributed by Marjorie Hunt Jones, R.N. and posted in response to a recipe request. Cooking time approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, mix the amaranth flour and chili powder.
- 2Stir in water, then evaluate the consistency.
- 3The dough should be soft, but not wet, and mold easily into shapes.
- 4The dough will easily form a ball as you stir it.
- 5If necessary, add a bit more flour or water to achieve the proper consistency.
- 6Pinch off balls of dough the size of golf balls.
- 7Roll them in additional flour to coat well.
- 8Knead each ball a bit as you pat or roll it into a flat circle that's about 1/8" thick and 5" - 6" across.
- 9Repeat with all dough.
- 10Heat a heavy nonstick frying pan or griddle. Use no oil.
- 11Place each tortilla in the hot pan, and cook for a few minutes on each side.
- 12Tortillas should become lightly brown and start to appear dry. Cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amaranth Tortillas - Gluten Free
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.6
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 54.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 18.3 g