Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A wonderful crust for those sensitive to gluten from Bob's Red Mill. You can have your pie and eat it too! Crust holds up very well after baking. Specialty ingredients can be found at www.bobsredmill.com.
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly oil a 9-inch pie pan; set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients and blend well.
- Combine oil and 3 tablespoons water and blend with fork; add all at once to flour.
- Stir only until a ball forms.
- If ball appears dry and crumbly, add a little more water, one teaspoon at a time, until ball hangs together. (Moisture content of flour varies.).
- Pat or roll crust to fit into pie pan.
- Dough tears easily, but mends easily using extra bits to patch.
- Prick with fork.
- Bake 3 minutes at 400F, fill pie and finish baking the time required for filling or bake about 15 minutes until brown and crisp.
- Cool and fill.
I did not like this crust at all. I tried it a few years ago when trying different GF pie crust recipes. The flavor was too strong, the texture odd, it browned too quickly. I find using a typical pie crust recipe and using a slightly more starches than normal works just fine.