Recipe by Ronda lynne
This recipes originated from the back of the package of Bob's Red Mill Amaranth flour. The recipe has been doubled. These are really good, one of my friends said they taste similar to sopapillas. Serve with syrup or honey. Great with Agave nectar as a low glycemic sweeter. Use like a dessert crepe with fruit and ice cream. A great way to eat whole grain and cut out white flour. For the oil I use coconut (may need to melt), olive oil or grape seed oil.
Top Review by Yvette K.
These are awesome! I made them into waffles, just added a little more milk to make it more liquid.. Also, I didn't have tapioka flour and substituted with organic corn starch. Still came out awesome. My whole family loved them. Will keep this recipe for sure since I'm trying to feed my family less wheat products...
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml apple juice (or milk)
- 9.85 ml oil
- 118.29 ml amaranth flour
- 118.29 ml tapioca flour
- 88.74 ml arrowroot
- 2.46 ml cinnamon (or try pumpkin pie spice)
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg, add juice or milk, and oil.
- Mix dry ingredients together in separate bowl. Add to egg mixture a little at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Heat griddle or shallow pan to medium heat and cook until golden brown on both sides. I often add extra cinnamon after I pour them in the pan.