1/1 Photo of Amaranth Leaves Spinach in Coconut Milk
Amaranth leaf is cooked in many cultures around the world. It is a flavoursome and nutritious green. Of course any other leafy green could be substituted. Serve with rice or grain of your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water and salt to the boil in a large pot.
- 2Add washed amaranth leaves and boil for 15 minutes or until tender.
- 3In a separate pan, heat the oil and cook the chopped onion until golden brown.
- 4Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until soft.
- 5Add the well drained amaranth leaves and stir to combine.
- 6Add the coconut milk and continue cooking for about 10 minutes.
- 7Adjust seasoning or add lemon juice to taste.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amaranth Leaves Spinach in Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1189.2
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 618.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 171.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.3 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 36.9 g