Suzie M's Note:
I am basically "allergic to the universe." This recipe came from my personal desire to make pancakes which do not contain white flour or white sugar. The recipe is quick, simple and very healthy. The pancake itself is not sweet tasting because it has no sweetener, however, it can be easily sweetened by adding Stevia, Steviva, or some other sweetener to the batter. I have elected to sweeten the pancake by adding honey and fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat lightly greased frying pan on medium heat.
- 2A cast iron pan is preferred.
- 3In small bowl, mix amaranth flour and flax seed meal.
- 4Add egg to flour mixture.
- 5Beat with whisk until well blended.
- 6Add small amount of water to egg mixture then beat.
- 7Do this several times until the batter is thick, yet not runny.
- 8Pour batter into heated pan.
- 9Cover with glass lid.
- 10Flip after bubbles have formed.
- 11This will take approximately one minute.
- 12Cook for another one or two minutes.
- 13Place on plate.
- 14Allow butter to melt on pancake.
- 15Then drizzle honey over pancake.
- 16Add fruit and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amaranth & Flax Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.0
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 242.0 mg
- Sodium 159.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: