Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great way to get the gang eating a little healthier. Adds a complete protein and more fiber to the diet.
- 1⁄2 cup amaranth flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups rice milk or 2 cups soymilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh berries, chopped (such as blueberries or strawberries)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, mix buttermilk, eggs and oil and whisk until smooth. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Mix the dry and the wet ingredients together.
- Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh berries to batter.
- If batter is too thick to pour, add 1 tbsp water at a time, to thin.
- Cook pancakes in skillet or on gridle and serve with remaining berries.