Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 3 celery, pieces coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup scallion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- In a large bowl, flake crab meat.
- drizzle lemon juice and stir until mixed.
- Set aside for ten minutes to let lemon juice soak inches.
- While waiting, coarsely chop celery and scallions and set aside.
- Returning to crab, sprinkle dill weed, lemon pepper and garlic salt over crab.
- Add chopped celery and scallions to bowl.
- Stir in Miracle Whip to desired consistency.
- Refrigerate up to 8 hours for best taste.
When making this recipe, I wanted it more like a spread than a salad, so flaked & chopped the crab pretty fine, & diced the celery & onions fine, as well! I also cut the mayo back to just 1 cup, but that was personal preference showing up! This would have been great as a salad, I know, but it was perfect, this time around, as the spread I wanted! Definitely a recipe worth keeping around! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]