Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my girlfriend Amanda's recipe we all love it and it has always been well recieved by company. It's wonderful served with the sauce over white rice.
- 5-6 perfered chicken pieces (we like bone in breat and thighs)
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 2.46 ml Tabasco sauce
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 1 medium sweet onion
- Puree all ingredients, excluding chicken, in a blender or food processor until it forms a smooth sauce. Arrange chicken in backing dish. Pour sauce over chicken and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until chicken is at desired doneness. Serve over hot rice.
I always like to try new barbecue sauce recipes, and this one was really good! It tasted a bit "lighter" than other tomato-based sauces, which I liked, and had a nice tangy flavor from the steak sauce and worcestershire. One step I had never tried in a recipe before was adding an onion to the sauce ingredients in the blender. It really thickened up the sauce nicely! I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, as I had tons of them in the freezer -- I cooked them for 35 minutes in the oven and they came out perfectly. (Oh, and we all really enjoyed the sauce over our rice.) Yum -- a quick and easy recipe that tastes great!!