Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Super easy potato cheese soup! It taste like it's made from scratch but with half the effort. This is the recipe you have been looking for!
- 2 cups frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- Mix milk, soup and chicken broth in a large sauce pan. Then add hashbrowns.
- Bring to a boil on high heat, stirring frequently.
- Once boiling turn down to med-high heat so its a high simmer and continue to simmer for 10 minutes stiring frequently.
- Stir in shredded cheese immediately after the 10 minutes is up until well blended.
- Top with more shredded cheese, bacon bits and green onions. Enjoy!