Recipe by Amanda's Kitchen
A quick and easy foolproof cracker recipe that allows for some personal tweaking, and doesn't crumble away in your hands.
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond, ground into flour (or use 3/4 cup almond flour)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- scant 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds or 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment. In a high-speed blender or processor, grind almonds into a flour. Do not over process or almonds will release oils. Sift flour before using to remove larger pieces. OR you can use store-bought almond flour.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix well with spoon. Knead dough with hands until it comes together. Shape into a ball.
- 3. Place ball of dough on parchment paper or a non-stick mat. Roll out dough until it’s about 1/8 inch thick, or as thin as you can get it without ripping. With a pastry wheel or pizza slicer, slice into crackers.
- 4. Bake at 350F for 18-20 minutes until slightly golden in colour. 18 minutes is a softer cracker vs 20 minutes crispier.
- 5. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes Store in air-tight container once fully cool.
- *Note: Other flours might work in substitution for brown rice flour and almond flour, although keep in mind the flavour will change.
- *Note: tweak the spices to your liking!