Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I started making this for my only niece (Amanda) when she was little and she would come and spend a couple of weeks with us in the summer. We live 10 miles away from one of the leading mint producers in Michigan, so when you have access to such fresh mint, you come up with recipes to showcase it. It is easily adaptable to other fruits too, add your favorites along with the watermelon. Yummm!
- 1 medium watermelon, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and halved
- 2 cups seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- fresh mint leaves, to garnish if desired
- Chunk watermelon, hull and half strawberries and half grapes.
- For syrup: In small saucepan combine sugar, water, mint and ginger. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes to thicken slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Put all the fruit in a large bowl and add syrup mixture. Toss to coat.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
Just made this tonight. I substituted some fruits. My daughter loved the simple glaze. Thank you!