Recipe by Dominick & Amanda
I came up with this recipe after Dominick had a craving for egg salad and he was pleased. The fresh dill really gives this egg salad great flavor. I used Hellmann's Canola Oil mayonnaise to make it a little healthier. You can also either use regular or dijon mustard (they both work well). Serve as a sandwich on your favorite bread.
- 6 eggs
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the uncracked eggs in a large pot of cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil and cook the eggs for 10 minutes.
- While the eggs are boiling, prepare the celery, onion, dill and mix together in a large bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, pepper, and salt.
- When the eggs are done, strain them and carefully peel each one. In a smaller bowl, mash them to the consistency of your choice.
- Stir them into the mayonnaise mixture.
- Chill for at least 2 hours and serve on your favorite bread.