Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this recipe after Dominick had a craving for egg salad and he was pleased. The fresh dill really gives this egg salad great flavor. I used Hellmann's Canola Oil mayonnaise to make it a little healthier. You can also either use regular or dijon mustard (they both work well). Serve as a sandwich on your favorite bread.
- 6 eggs
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- Put the uncracked eggs in a large pot of cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil and cook the eggs for 10 minutes.
- While the eggs are boiling, prepare the celery, onion, dill and mix together in a large bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, pepper, and salt.
- When the eggs are done, strain them and carefully peel each one. In a smaller bowl, mash them to the consistency of your choice.
- Stir them into the mayonnaise mixture.
- Chill for at least 2 hours and serve on your favorite bread.
The dill was subtle. Used coarse ground black pepper. Made sandwiches with butter lettuce on white wheat bread.
This was ok. Despite the dill, it was a little plain. Perhaps I just needed to add more dill (it was very subtle).
Just how I like my egg salad. I must have onions, celery and mustard in it, just like this recipe. I also loved the dill. Those plain mayo-and-egg salads are not for me! I used Dijon mustard for the mustard, because it's my favorite. We enjoyed this on lettuce with tomatoes and olives and the kids ate this with lettuce on lightly toasted bread. Thanx for posting!