1/1 Photo of Amanda's Delicious Cilantro Potato Salad
4 hrs 50 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
My neighbor served this at a baby shower and everyone wanted a copy of the recipe. This was addictive and had a unique, fresh taste. Don't leave out the bacon at the end..it is an essential ingredient, as is the chopped cilantro and lime juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise (real mayo)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1-2 limes, depending on size of your limes)
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices maple bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover along with 1 tsp of the salt until fork tender, about 15 minutes or so (will vary based on size of potatoes).
- 2Drain and cool.
- 3Cut potatoes into bite sized chunks.
- 4Stir together the mayonnaise, chilies, chopped cilantro, green onions, lime juice, garlic, black pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoons salt in a large bowl.
- 5Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- 6Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- 7Just before serving, stir in bacon crumbles and garnish with additional fresh cilantro.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amanda's Delicious Cilantro Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 658.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: