Recipe by HeatherFeather
My neighbor served this at a baby shower and everyone wanted a copy of the recipe. This was addictive and had a unique, fresh taste. Don't leave out the bacon at the end..it is an essential ingredient, as is the chopped cilantro and lime juice.
Top Review by jnpj
So tasty! I would give this recipe more than five stars if I could. I love that it is so different from the classic potato salad. I used jalapenos rather than green chilies to make it a bit spicier, and it worked out very well. I agree that the bacon is a definite must, and I will probably add another couple pieces more next time. Thanks for the delicious recipe!
- 3 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise (real mayo)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1-2 limes, depending on size of your limes)
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices maple bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover along with 1 tsp of the salt until fork tender, about 15 minutes or so (will vary based on size of potatoes).
- Drain and cool.
- Cut potatoes into bite sized chunks.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, chilies, chopped cilantro, green onions, lime juice, garlic, black pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoons salt in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in bacon crumbles and garnish with additional fresh cilantro.