- 2⁄3 cup butter (softened)
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl, and mix with electric beater, or by hand.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet. Each cookie should be approximately 1 tablespoon.
- Bake approximately 8-11 minutes or until golden brown.