Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Amanda loves salmon and I wanted to do something special for her birthday, so I made up this recipe. Luckily, she loved it and asked that I be sure to write this one down on Zaar so as to not lose it. So, Amanda, here is your birthday salmon.
- For sauce: Whisk olive oil, orange juice and terriyaki sauce together in a saucepan.
- Stir in ginger& green onions.
- Bring to a boil and allow to reduce for 5 minutes.
- In a skillet heat olive oil& butter.
- When hot, add salmon and brown on each side.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side or until salmon starts to flake.
- Add sauce, turning salmon to coat.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve salmon with sauce.
This was such a simple but tasty recipe, just how I like them. I served this with baby steamed new potatoes and steamed asparagus. Perfect was the reply I got when asking how dinner was. Its a keeper.
I'll add my 5 stars to this delicious recipe that made us feel as if we were dining at a top restaurant. I followed the recipe except for the addition of a teaspoon of sugar added to the sauce before reducing it. I had never cooked salmon in a skillet, always baking it in the oven, and I was concerned about the outcome. It turned out perfectly and the sauce coated the fish nicely. I served this with wilted spinach cooked with sliced blood oranges and gingered rice. Thanks for an awsome meal Mysterygirl.
This is an easy, but flavorful way to cook salmon. The only thing I did differently was to sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on the fish for presentation. I served this with rolls and a tossed salad.