Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Very tasty! Can assemble the night before and put in refrigerator.
Make and share this Am’s Crock Pot Beef Goulash Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs beef tips or 1 1⁄2-2 lbs stew meat
- 1 (10 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet au jus mix (1 dry packet)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika (I always use half Hungarian and half reg)
- 4 ounces tomato sauce (1/2 small 8 oz can)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces beef broth (1 can)
- 3⁄4 cup corn (1/2 can drained)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 onions (lengthwise quartered I cut them smaller)
- 1 (14 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt or pepper
- elbow macaroni (cooked, drained, buttered)
- Add beef tips to crock pot.
- Mix ingredients 2-13 in bowl and add to crock pot.
- Add onions, tomatoes and butter and cook for 8-10 hours.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Cook macaroni, drain and add oil and butter to keep from sticking.
- When about ready to serve, add 1/4 cup of sour cream and simmer.
- **I know some people do not prefer sour cream---but this amount will only add to the creaminess and help to balance the taste, otherwise it may be too thin. Add slightly less if there is a concern and you will not know that sour cream is added!**.