1/2 Photos of Am’s Crock Pot Beef Goulash Stew
8 hrs 5 mins
Very tasty! Can assemble the night before and put in refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs beef tips or 1 1/2-2 lbs stew meat
- 1 (10 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet au jus mix (1 dry packet)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika (I always use half Hungarian and half reg)
- 4 ounces tomato sauce (1/2 small 8 oz can)
- 14 1/2 ounces beef broth (1 can)
- 3/4 cup corn (1/2 can drained)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 onions (lengthwise quartered I cut them smaller)
- 1 (14 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt or pepper
- elbow macaroni (cooked, drained, buttered)
- 1Add beef tips to crock pot.
- 2Mix ingredients 2-13 in bowl and add to crock pot.
- 3Add onions, tomatoes and butter and cook for 8-10 hours.
- 4Add pepper to taste.
- 5Cook macaroni, drain and add oil and butter to keep from sticking.
- 6When about ready to serve, add 1/4 cup of sour cream and simmer.
- 7**I know some people do not prefer sour cream---but this amount will only add to the creaminess and help to balance the taste, otherwise it may be too thin. Add slightly less if there is a concern and you will not know that sour cream is added!**.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Am’s Crock Pot Beef Goulash Stew
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.2
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 5256.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: