1/2 Photos of Always Successful Fast Eggs Benedict
Squirrel Gone Wild's Note:
I've tried making hollandaise from scratch with limited success. I tried several hollandaise mixes and finally found the right compromise. The rest is easy. Eggs can be a challenge, and you may have a method that works better for you. I've always had rave reviews with this very simple, sure to delight, breakfast.
My Private Note
Eggs Be ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 8 small plates in oven set on lowest temperature to warm.
- 2In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in contents of hollandaise package. Only use Knorr brand, and do not use the package instructions. Slowly whisk in milk a little at a time so as to avoid lumps (whisk out any lumps you get right away). Turn heat down to medium low and watch carefully, whisking occaisonally as it thickens. When it's the right consistancy (it will thicken in about 3 minutes), gently stir in 1 tsp lemon juice. Add Canadian bacon slices. Cover and set on low until needed.
- 3Split English muffins and toast lightly. Set one on each plate in oven to keep warm.
- 4Gently fry eggs over medium heat. I usually crack 4 eggs into a small bowl and add all at once to a small skillet. Once the whites start to set up, I add about 2 TBS water, lightly salt, and cover with glass lid so you can watch the eggs. They will steam or boil gently.
- 5While eggs are cooking, place one piece of Canadian bacon onto each piece of English Muffin on plates in oven. (Wood tongs are great for this).
- 6Place one egg on each prepared plate. If cooking 4 eggs at a time, leave the first 4 plated in the oven.
- 7Spoon hollandaise over each plate and sprinkle lightly with paprika and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Always Successful Fast Eggs Benedict
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.5
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 219.7 mg
- Sodium 641.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hollandaise sauce mix