Recipe by Taterluvr
A secret ingredient makes for a wonderfully soft cookie!
Top Review by Erindipity
Great cookie recipe. I made this recipe and recipe #296761, which is very similar. This recipe created cookies that were thicker and did not spread as much. We liked these better, however it is a personal preference as we could detect no difference in the taste. The cookies are great with a sweet flavor and a soft chewy texture. I used a 5 oz box of pudding because it was what I had. I also added 1/4 t of salt since I was using unsalted butter. I did not add nuts. Cooling on the sheet is an important step. Again great cookies and thank you for the recipes.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In large bowl beat butter, sugars, vanilla and pudding until creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually add flour mixture, and beat until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if desired).
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.