Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A secret ingredient makes for a wonderfully soft cookie!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- In small bowl, combine flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In large bowl beat butter, sugars, vanilla and pudding until creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually add flour mixture, and beat until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if desired).
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Great cookie recipe. I made this recipe and Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies, which is very similar. This recipe created cookies that were thicker and did not spread as much. We liked these better, however it is a personal preference as we could detect no difference in the taste. The cookies are great with a sweet flavor and a soft chewy texture. I used a 5 oz box of pudding because it was what I had. I also added 1/4 t of salt since I was using unsalted butter. I did not add nuts. Cooling on the sheet is an important step. Again great cookies and thank you for the recipes.