1/1 Photo of Always Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a classic recipe, slightly adapted. It's especially perfect for high altitude cooking, as I live at 7,000 feet above sea level and it's hard to make cookies rise just right. Bake slightly longer for crispy cookies, slightly less for chewy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
- 2Cream shortening, butter, and sugars together, then eggs and vanilla extract.
- 3Slowly blend in dry ingredients, about a third of the total amount at a time.
- 4Stir in chocolate chips.
- 5Drop by large tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between to allow cookies to spread.
- 6Bake at 375°F for 11-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 7Makes 2-3 dozen cookies depending on size.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Always Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.5
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 200.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g