Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A co-worker of mine always made this taco dip and ever since I stole the recipe from her it's been a big hit anywhere I bring it. Be prepared for this to always be your "thing" to bring! You can also easily jazz up this taco dip to your liking by adding the toppings you like!
- 16 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounces taco sauce
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese (shreadded, can use mild, sharp or Mexican style)
- 3 -4 tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces black olives (sliced or whole, your preference)
- Blend together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese and sour cream mixture in bottom of a 9x13" pan.
- Layer taco sauce on top, tilting pan if need be to get an even layer throughout.
- Layer cheese, tomatoes and finish with olives keep all layers even.
- Serve cold with tortilla chips.
I used salsa instead of taco sauce. Next time I'll add red bell pepper. I made half the recipe for the 2 of us. It still gives a lot for 2. We had leftover for the week. Thanks CoreyAnn :) Made for cookbook tag game
A really good, creamy dip. I love how easy it is to make. This is perfect for a party or to take to a picnic. I did add chopped scallions to the top for an added zip. I also think something else could be added for more flavor. Maybe a layer or mashed avocado or refreid beans? I will add one of those next time just to pick up the flavor a little. All in all, it's a very good dip. Thanx!
This is yummy! I too used reduced fat (trying to lbs. conscious lol) and nobody at picnic noticed! I mixed the taco sauce into cream cheese and sour cream. I thought it needed more seasoning but everyone else said it was awesome. (Was my 3rd party dish I was making so I could be crazy, taste tested out lol) I added some shredded lettuce and kept tomatoes on side (picky eaters). Thanks for great recipe!