Recipe by lavay21
Over the years I have changed this recipe by adding and taking away ingredients. You can add lots of things to these and make them your own, bean sprouts, mushrooms, peppers, sausage, etc. These are always requested by relatives, once you get the hand of it they are very easy to make.
Top Review by Chef Jen #1
I did make quiet a few changes. I made these without the hamburger and added garlic powder, celery seed, and ground pepper. I also baked these for 25 min at 325F instead of frying and I didn't bother with the egg white I just put them seam down on the baking sheet. They turned out great.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 2 (16 ounce) bags coleslaw mix
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 egg white
- 2 (16 ounce) packages egg roll wraps
- 1 gallon peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- brown hamburger making sure its small for rolling.
- season hamburger with onion and seasoning salt to taste.
- steam cabbage and onion.
- combine cabbage mixture and hamburger in large pot.
- allow to cool by mixing often.
- preheat peanut oil for frying.
- once cooled roll eggrolls diaper style.
- sealing with egg white on last seam.
- place to the side until all are rolled.
- fry eggrolls until golden brown.
- serve with your favorite sweet and sour sauce.