Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great side dish for any kind of meal! Elegant, Easy, Special Occasion or just to go with Steak, Fish or just about anything. This recipe came from my neighbor. Her father was in Love with this recipe so whenever any of us made this we just called it "Alvin's Potatoes". You can adjust to # of people and tweak with just about anything. If you want to go "really" easy - sprinkle a package of potato toppers over sour cream and pop into the oven for the full baking time. You can also adjust baking temp. & time if you want to bake along with your meat.
- Depending on the size of potatoes, cut in half or quarter, place in low casserole dish (like a 9x13).
- Place chunks of butter over potatoes.
- Spread sour cream over potatoes (at this point if you are using potatoe toppers INSTEAD of bacon & green onion, sprinkle over sour cream and bake, it should only take 1 package or less). You can find "Potato Toppers in the produce section).
- Bake at 350-375°F for approximately 1 hour minutes, take casserole out of oven and sprinkle the crisp bacon and green onion over top and continue baking for another 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Edited for baking time. It all depends on the size of potatoes. I find that cut potatoes bake faster. Adjust to suit.
These were a great deconstructed baked potato. We skimped a little on the butter and sour cream, but then topped it with cheddar cheese at the end, go figure! Surely a splurge and PERFECT alongside steaks, tx so much!
This was really delicious. I loved it, and so did everyone else in my family. The sour cream and green onions really contributed a lot of flavor to this dish. Thanks Pricilla. Made for Fall '09 Pick-A-Chef.
Yummers! After reading the reviews, I microwaved my potatoes for about 10 minutes before preparing the rest of the dish. These are very simple and good. Thanks Pricilla for a great side dish. Made for PAC Spring 2009.