Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Refreshing, delicious & authentic shrimp ceviche with avocado. Perfect side dish or appetizer for your next Mexican meal. I picked up this recipe from my late MIL and tweaked it a tad to please my boys. Very easy to make it as mild or spicy as you like. You may also add some fish or just use faux crab meat if you are a vegetarian. *Great for Cinco de Mayo with a Mexican fruit salad, fish tacos and some Coronas!
- Prepare all ingredients as shown above.
- Soak shrimp in the lemon and lime juice until pink.
- Fold in scallops and crab meat.
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados and cilantro.
- Add salt and hot sauce (we use Tapatio) to to taste.
- If you like it spicy, add 1 to 3 finely diced Jalapenos.
- Serve right away on top of tostadas or with tortilla chips.
Really enjoyed this easy, classic ceviche! I ALMOST followed verbatim but made the following adjustments - used cooked shrimp (that's what I had on hand) and had to cook my scallops (poached in ff milk til done-5-6' max on medium then cooled with water rinse). Avocadoes were not added but served as a side so as to allow for better keeping. The taste was so clean and fresh! Thanks for sharing!
WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! This is the BEST ceviche I've tasted. Pretty easy to make too. Made this for a luau and it was gone in 5 minutes flat! I've got to check out your other recipes. Thanks!