1 hr 10 mins
After a rich fish curry meal, serve this sweetmeat with black coffee. I haven't made this yet. It was recently given to me by a friend. It looks different but good and I can't wait to try it. Note: This does call for cashews. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put sugar, milk, condensed milk and ghee into a large heated saucepan (a non stick pan is excellent for this).
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches soft ball stage or 116°C (240°F) on a candy thermometer.
- 3(To test for softball stage, drop a little into a cup of ice.cold water. If it firms enough to be moulded into a soft ball, it has reached the required temperature.).
- 4Remove from heat, add smoothly mashed potato and beat with a rotary beater until all lumps are beaten out.
- 5If using a pan with non stick lining, pour mixture into a bowl before doing this or the metal beaters will scratch the non stick surface.
- 6Return to heat and cook to soft ball stage or 116°C (240°F) once more.
- 7Remove from heat, stir in nuts, rose water and cardamom and mix well.
- 8Pour into a well buttered shallow dish or baking tin.
- 9Pres lightly with a piece of buttered banana leaf or aluminium foil to smooth and flatten the surface.
- 10Allow to cool and set, then cut into diamond shapes.
Nutritional Facts for Aluwa
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.6
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.3 mg
- Sodium 110.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: