- 1 lb carrot, peeled and cut on the bias 1/4 inch thick (about 7 medium)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- heavy pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup good-quality ginger ale
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 12-inch saute pan over medium heat, combine the carrots, butter, salt and ginger ale. Cover and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, remove the lid, stir, and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover again and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the chili powder and increase the heat to high.
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until the ginger ale is reduced to a glaze, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve immediately.