Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my favorite Alton Brown recipe so far. It is, of course, from the best Food Network show of all, "Good Eats." Try it! So easy and fantastic.
- In a 12-inch saute pan over medium heat, combine the carrots, butter, salt and ginger ale. Cover and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, remove the lid, stir, and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover again and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the chili powder and increase the heat to high.
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until the ginger ale is reduced to a glaze, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve immediately.
Amazing. So easy to make and super delicious. Will definitely make this again.
We enjoyed these as they were not too sweet, though I did up the chili powder a tad. I scaled it back for 3 carrots (total weight of 6 ounzes and adjusted amounts accordingly and with other sides and mains this was this was enough for 3 of us, mine did take longer than specified to get to a glaze consistency (about 15 minutes). Thank you LARavescrift, made for 123 Hits tag game.
I used vernor's ginger ale in this recipe. I also added just a hint of heavy cream to make them extra decadent