mal grey's Note:
This is my favorite Alton Brown recipe so far. It is, of course, from the best Food Network show of all, "Good Eats." Try it! So easy and fantastic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 12-inch saute pan over medium heat, combine the carrots, butter, salt and ginger ale. Cover and bring to a simmer.
- 2Once simmering, remove the lid, stir, and reduce the heat to low.
- 3Cover again and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Remove the lid, add the chili powder and increase the heat to high.
- 5Cook, tossing occasionally, until the ginger ale is reduced to a glaze, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- 6Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alton's Glazed Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 87.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 1.1 g