Alton once posted this on his website and said that he always cranks out a bushel or two of it during the holidays. He also said "Dole this stuff out carefully. It is highly habit forming." I totally agree and for this reason have no earthly idea how many servings it makes! Depends on how much you can eat! LOL Especially good to anyone who likes the salty-sweet combination. Cooking time is cooling time.
- 3 1⁄2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 16 ounces M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 2 1⁄2 cups salted mixed nuts
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 2 (11 ounce) packages white chocolate chips (Ghirardelli brand preferred)
- Dump the cereals, M&Ms, nuts & pretzels in a large bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler. Melt very slowly, stirring occasionally, being careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Dump melted chocolate over the rest of the ingredients and fold over and over until you have well-coated hunks and chunks.
- Spread the whole mess out on parchment paper and set in a cool place until it sets up, then break it into pieces.
- Store in zip-top bags or air-tight containers.
To make it more "adult" omit the peanuts and M&M's and instead add dried cranberries and cashews. The cranberries add a tartness that's really good with the sweet and salty.
I Use 2 bags Of White Candy Melts And 3 T Of Oil And Microwave At 50% And Stir Until Melted.
This is very tasty. I added craisins to mine and I really liked that addition. Because the recipe makes a lot I, it is helpful to use a large punch bowl to mix it up. I am planning to make this with craisins and red M&M's around Christmas for gifts.