1/1 Photo of Alton Brown's Red Potato Salad
Haven't made it and can't wait to try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornichons, fine chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Place potatoes into a large heavy-bottomed pot.
- 2Cover with cold water and place over medium heat.
- 3Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- 4Immediately reduce heat and remove lid.
- 5Gently simmer until potatoes are fork tender.
- 6Drain and place into an ice bath to cool.
- 7Remove skin by rubbing with a tea towel.
- 8Slice potatoes into rounds and place into a zip top bag.
- 9Add the vinegar and toss to coat all of the potatoes.
- 10Place the bag into the refrigerator overnight.
- 11In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, tarragon, garlic, cornichons, onions, and celery.
- 12Once evenly combined, add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- 13Let the salad chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alton Brown's Red Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.6
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 892.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 5.6 g