Haven't made it and can't wait to try it!
Make and share this Alton Brown's Red Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornichons, fine chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, small dice
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place potatoes into a large heavy-bottomed pot.
- Cover with cold water and place over medium heat.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- Immediately reduce heat and remove lid.
- Gently simmer until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain and place into an ice bath to cool.
- Remove skin by rubbing with a tea towel.
- Slice potatoes into rounds and place into a zip top bag.
- Add the vinegar and toss to coat all of the potatoes.
- Place the bag into the refrigerator overnight.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, tarragon, garlic, cornichons, onions, and celery.
- Once evenly combined, add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Let the salad chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.