Haven't made it and can't wait to try it!
Make and share this Alton Brown's Red Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornichons, fine chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, small dice
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place potatoes into a large heavy-bottomed pot.
- Cover with cold water and place over medium heat.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- Immediately reduce heat and remove lid.
- Gently simmer until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain and place into an ice bath to cool.
- Remove skin by rubbing with a tea towel.
- Slice potatoes into rounds and place into a zip top bag.
- Add the vinegar and toss to coat all of the potatoes.
- Place the bag into the refrigerator overnight.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, tarragon, garlic, cornichons, onions, and celery.
- Once evenly combined, add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Let the salad chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
An absolute favorite of mine! Easy to make, tastes great. If you don't like German style potato salad, this might be the potato salad for you!
Looks good. I love Alton Brown! Had to check out what a "cornichon" was. so FYI: cornichon [KOR-nih-shoh n ; kor-nee-SHOH N ] French for " gherkin ," cornichons are crisp, tart pickles made from tiny gherkin cucumbers. Update: 6/09..... bumped up the rating cuz I mis-rated 2 years ago. (sorry Kasper) delish! Great combo of flavors.
Yummy Spud Salad. I used yellow potatoes and white onions because it was all I had at home. I wasn't sure if I should add the cider vinegar to the dressing with the potatoes or discard the vinegar and since the dressing was thick, I added a little bit to the dressing to make it thinner. I had it sitting in the fridge for about three hours before I served the salad. Thank you Kasper for posting the recipe.