1/1 Photo of Alton Brown's Red Potato Salad
Haven't made it and can't wait to try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornichons, fine chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Place potatoes into a large heavy-bottomed pot.
- 2Cover with cold water and place over medium heat.
- 3Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- 4Immediately reduce heat and remove lid.
- 5Gently simmer until potatoes are fork tender.
- 6Drain and place into an ice bath to cool.
- 7Remove skin by rubbing with a tea towel.
- 8Slice potatoes into rounds and place into a zip top bag.
- 9Add the vinegar and toss to coat all of the potatoes.
- 10Place the bag into the refrigerator overnight.
- 11In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, tarragon, garlic, cornichons, onions, and celery.
- 12Once evenly combined, add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- 13Let the salad chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alton Brown's Red Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.6
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 892.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: