Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
NOT one of your sweet dessert-type martinis. This is the real deal. If you are like me, you like your alcoholic drinks to taste of alcohol! Makes it easier to keep track of your intake! The chilling directions alone are worth the price of admission. And the ratio of 5:1 gin to vermouth is right on. Especially because you pour the vermouth out! Mmmm!!!
- 1 cup crushed ice, plus extra for chilling glass
- 1⁄2 ounce dry vermouth
- 2 1⁄2 ounces gin
- 1 olive (I prefer a twist of lemon)
- Place some crushed ice into the martini glass you will be serving in, and set aside.
- Place the 1 cup of crushed ice into a cocktail shaker. Pour in the vermouth and swirl it around, making as much contact as possible with the ice. Using a strainer, pour the vermouth out. Add the gin and stir well to combine.
- Remove the ice from your serving glass and add the twist or olive. Using the strainer, pour the gin into the serving glass.
- I admit that, since I have gotten older, I sometimes add a little of the crushed ice to my glass. Makes it easier to have the second one.
I make these and they are fabulous. I usually use vodka lately.