1/1 Photo of Alton Brown's Ice Cream
2 hrs 10 mins
From Good Eats Season 9 Episode 4 Churn Baby Churn II
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium sauce pan combine the half and half and heavy cream, stir over medium heat until just boiling.
- 2Blend the egg yokes and SLOWLY add the sugar until all mixed.
- 3Temper in the heated milk mixture.
- 4Return to saucepan and over low heat bring mixture to 170 degrees.
- 5Move to chilled metal bowl.
- 6After slight cooling, add vanilla extract.
- 7Chill until mixture reaches 40 degrees (usually overnight).
- 8Add mixture to machine and add any additional flavorings.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alton Brown's Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2233.9
- Calories from Fat 1836
- Total Fat 204.0 g
- Saturated Fat 118.4 g
- Cholesterol 2105.1 mg
- Sodium 449.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 45.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: