From Good Eats Season 9 Episode 4 Churn Baby Churn II
Make and share this Alton Brown's Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium sauce pan combine the half and half and heavy cream, stir over medium heat until just boiling.
- Blend the egg yokes and SLOWLY add the sugar until all mixed.
- Temper in the heated milk mixture.
- Return to saucepan and over low heat bring mixture to 170 degrees.
- Move to chilled metal bowl.
- After slight cooling, add vanilla extract.
- Chill until mixture reaches 40 degrees (usually overnight).
- Add mixture to machine and add any additional flavorings.