Recipe is from Alton Brown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the bread horizontally in half, leaving 1 edge intact.
- 2Lay the bread open and spread each side with the mustard.
- 3Divide the ingredients evenly among the slices of roll.
- 4Start with the ham followed by the pork, cheese, and dill pickles.
- 5Bring the tops and bottoms together.
- 6Heat your panini maker or sandwich press.
- 7Butter each side of the press.
- 8Place the sandwiches inside, press down and grill until the cheese is melted and the bread is flat and browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- 9If you don't have a sandwich press, you can heat 6 fireplace bricks wrapped in foil, in a 500°F oven for 1 hour and then press the sandwich between them for 10 minutes.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alton Brown's Cuban Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.9
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 1253.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 25.2 g