Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe is from Alton Brown.
Make and share this Alton Brown's Cuban Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- Slice the bread horizontally in half, leaving 1 edge intact.
- Lay the bread open and spread each side with the mustard.
- Divide the ingredients evenly among the slices of roll.
- Start with the ham followed by the pork, cheese, and dill pickles.
- Bring the tops and bottoms together.
- Heat your panini maker or sandwich press.
- Butter each side of the press.
- Place the sandwiches inside, press down and grill until the cheese is melted and the bread is flat and browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- If you don't have a sandwich press, you can heat 6 fireplace bricks wrapped in foil, in a 500°F oven for 1 hour and then press the sandwich between them for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Wow, this was awesome!! My DH grilled the pork roast on the grill in over 90 degree weather because the deli didn't have roast pork. I used my panini press and it was really easy. I tried with and without mustard and everyone preferred with mustard, even the extra picky plain sandwich crowd.
Num yummy! These sandwiches were great! I used Shredded Savory Pork #323954 for the roast pork, and used spicy brown mustard (I just prefer it over the regular yellow). The sandwich stackers worked great for these, they were the perfect size for the hoagie rolls, and you got some pickle in every bite. Naturally, I put extra cheese on mine. We will definitely have these again. Thanks!
wow, I love cuban sandwiches and have since I was 10 years old. Thank you for posting this delicious sandwich and saving me the trouble of posting. Easy!!! and good!!!