Recipe by Lvs2Cook
We make two turkeys at Thanksgiving -- smoked and roasted -- and this sauce is excellent with either turkey. It's tangy and full of flavor. It's easy to make to boot! 11/11 I just noticed that part of this recipe is missing so I am fixing now :)
Top Review by ayanna53
Made some changes to the recipe, used fresh cranberries, gingerbeer ( non-alcohol), and 2 cups of light Brown sugar (could not read my handwriting). Sometimes mistakes work wonderful, especially for those who has a sweet tooth. Next year will boil fresh ginger to give some depth.
- 1 lb frozen cranberries
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3 cups ginger ale
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 orange, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, (stainless steel is best) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 45 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Pour into a blender or using a stick blender, puree until smooth. Check for salt and pepper and serve in individual dishes at each place setting.