Recipe by Dwynnie
This is a recipe from Alton Brown's show Good Eats. (He is my hero!) It is modified from the original by using 1/2 tsp instead of 1 tsp of Adobo sauce and extra salt. A great side to go with a steak and a salad!
Top Review by Doug Mc
Here's a solution to the chipotle in adobo problem--when you use this product, you invariably never use the entire can. Take a plastic ice cube tray and place one pepper in each well and then distribute the adobo sauce among the set of peppers. Freeze and store in a poly bag. Now, when you need chipotle in adobo, take one cube and dice it. (Also works for tomato paste!). Enjoy!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cubed potatoes into steamer basket and place steamer into a large pot of simmering water.
- Steam potatoes for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Add butter to potatoes and mash with potato masher.
- Add peppers, sauce, and salt and continue mashing to combine.
- Serve immediately.