1/1 Photo of Alton Brown's Chipotle Smashed Sweet Potatoes
This is a recipe from Alton Brown's show Good Eats. (He is my hero!) It is modified from the original by using 1/2 tsp instead of 1 tsp of Adobo sauce and extra salt. A great side to go with a steak and a salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put cubed potatoes into steamer basket and place steamer into a large pot of simmering water.
- 2Steam potatoes for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- 3Add butter to potatoes and mash with potato masher.
- 4Add peppers, sauce, and salt and continue mashing to combine.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alton Brown's Chipotle Smashed Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 617.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo